You’ve managed to successfully organise the function, jump through the hoops that may have been laid out in terms of where, when, who and what.
Glossed over any pre-event mishaps and or changes. Dealt with the menu, music and dietary requirements, to name a few and now you are a couple of weeks away and you really want to add some razzle dazzle for your guests!
On arrival to the venue your guests must be at ease and remember, first impressions are everything. If you have a theme make sure your guest knows it upon arrival. Take a moment to appreciate the appearance of the venue, inside and out.
- Decor is key, balloons, runners on tables, dancers. Ask them to whack out a red carpet (they absolutely will have one) or what arranging music for arrival on the exterior of the venue?
- Reception drinks needn’t be expensive hopefully these are already in hand. Opt for a sparkling wine, prosecco or bucks fizz if champagne is not on the agenda, paying for corkage can be expensive but it’s worth asking the question anyway. Do drinks outside of the venue especially if it’s summer!
- Goody bags are a great idea and people love getting a souvenir from an event. See if you can bargain any guests/friends to supply something for the bags, something like cosmetic testers, miniature bottles of alcohol or even put together some bags of sweets, this can be very cheap.
- A themed cocktail available at the bar is always a nice touch, what about donating a pound per cocktail bought to a nominated charity?
- Photo booths and a dressing up box always provide a lot of laughs and this can be done at a small cost, if all you need is a camera and tripod.
- A well-researched playlist often goes a long way. It can really make for a strong dancefloor, important stuff to keep your guests happy and dancing all night.
- Water laid out on tables and on the bar often helps out when people begin to heat up after some dancing.
- Midnight sandwiches, toast and tea will really perk up any stragglers!
We’re sure your event will be a total success and especially if you plan to have it here as we have the best team on hand for your every need. And remember to roll out the midnight sandwiches, that will really get everyone putting their best foot forward for the rest of evening.